Saturday, April 12, 2014

A Movie Critic is Born

Hi there.  So last night at work my co-workers told me that I should start a blog talking about movies.  Why? That is because I have seen a lot of movies, and I always seem to have something to say about every movie.  I have a knack for remembering stories, so books, movies, shows, and history always seem to stick with me.  On top of that, I tend to like nearly every movie I see, or at least able to find something I like in it so talking movies with me is more fun than talking with most of the cynical movie critics out there.

An example would be The Punisher (2004) starring Thomas Jane and John Travolta.  All my friends felt it was one of the worst movies they had ever seen.  It contains terrible acting, a rushed story line, a main character that should have been played by someone else, and you could tell that they had a requisite amount of time John Travolta had to be on the screen despite being the villain.  Still, I liked the fight scenes, and I always enjoy the modifications the punisher makes to his car/vehicle.  When the first assassin gunning for the punisher walks right into the restaurant he's eating at and tells him he's gunning for him, it was very "honor among thieves."  I like that.

I realize that everyone has different views and so there will be people that disagree with me.  If you disagree with me, send me a message, I'd love to have your take on it.  Just please keep it civil.

Anyway, I will be talking about movies here mostly, and I will talk about other things some times, namely special events, or if I hear a memorable quote.  Let's get this started!


1 comment: